Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Word for the week...My God or yours?

I recently heard a story about a young man, named Lou, who grew up a Buddhist and was introduced to Jesus Christ as a young adult. Now a Christian, when asked the difference between Jesus Christ and Buddha Lou gives this analogy.

When I was a Buddhist I was drowning in a lake and didn’t know how to swim. I saw Buddha on the shore calling out instructions to teach me to swim. But he said I must make it to shore myself. Struggling to learn but still drowning I looked again and on the shore was Jesus. Jesus dove in the water, swam out to me and saved me. Once we were safely back on the shore Jesus taught me to swim so that I could go back and rescue others.

Christianity is not a religion; it is a relationship with Jesus Christ. Our salvation is not based on what we do but what He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment